Vanja Beric Counselling 79 099 317 833 complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and the applicable Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when handling personal information, together with the Health Records Act 2001 WA and the applicable Health Privacy Principles in the Health Records Act when handling personal information which is health information.
Vanja Beric Counselling takes the protection of your personal information seriously. Personal information includes any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established.
Data Collection Practices
Vanja Beric Counselling collects personal information for the purposes of providing you with a counselling service. As part of this service, it is possible that the practice may need to collect information about things like how to contact you to arrange an appointment. Vanja Beric Counselling may collect information via the practice Consent Forms or other company forms that you complete, via our online booking system and via administration, or through our website.
The kind of personal and health information that Vanja Beric Counselling may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a client or third party service provider) and the nature of your connection with Vanja Beric Counselling. This information may include things like:
- your full name
- email address
- date of birth
- Medicare details
- billing information
- general appointment information and other personal information.
It is important that you are aware that failure to provide Vanja Beric Counselling with all the information requested, means that Vanja Beric Counselling may not be able to deliver the counselling services that you have requested.
Vanja Beric Counselling collects personal information in the following ways:
- from you when you make an inquiry, book an appointment, email the practice, phone the practice, engage with the practice on social media, complete documentation, in a counselling session where you request a letter or report, where you complete an assessment or make an online booking;
- from third party service providers – if you are referred through an EAP / doctor / or other third party, they usually provide us with your contact information and other information relevant to the referral;
- when we receive enquiries through Vanja Beric Counselling and when the website is otherwise accessed or used;
The kind of personal information Vanja Beric Counselling may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a client or third party service provider) and the nature of your interaction with us, and may include your full name, address, email address, date of birth, Medicare details, billing information, general appointment information and other personal information. If you do not provide us with all the information requested, Vanja Beric Counselling may not be able to deliver the counselling services requested.
Information and Use
In the course of providing you with services Vanja Beric Counselling may use the information that you have provided to Vanja Beric Counselling including personal and health information, in order to provide you with counselling services, send you an electronic newsletter, respond to feedback and complaints, utilise the Vanja Beric Counselling website, correspond with you and if required, enforce our client consent form / payment arrangement form.
Quality and Security of Data Collected
Vanja Beric Counselling takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected and secure it from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access and modification. Vanja Beric Counselling endeavours to ensure all such information collected is up-to-date and complete at the time it is collected, used or disclosed.
To ensure your information is accurate, please notify Vanja Beric Counselling. You can do this by emailing Vanja Beric Counselling.
Health Information Collected
Vanja Beric Counselling complies with the Health Privacy Principles and the ethical guidelines of ACA in the collection, use and disclosure of all health information and to ensure that it is kept confidential.
Vanja Beric Counselling may collect your health information when you attend the practice and/or at any other time from time-to-time in the course of providing counselling services.
Your information may be collected for, but is not limited to, the following reasons:
- as it is required for the provision of counselling services, including recording your personal information and health information as relevant to your current situation for the purposes of providing therapeutic intervention, writing reports and summaries;
- only as essential for the provision of counselling services, or as otherwise in accordance with your consent, or as may be required by law;
- only from you (or from someone authorised by you with your written consent)
- in accordance with the code of ethics set out by ACA
- with accuracy, on the basis that you may at any time request a copy of the health information that Vanja Beric Counselling has collected by emailing us at email@example.com (subject always to applicable law) and where our records are found to be inaccurate, we will rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
Access, Updates and Complaints
Vanja Beric Counselling will provide you with access to your personal and health information that has been collected, subject to any legal exceptions, at your written request. Please also let us know if you have any concerns, questions or complaints so that Vanja Beric Counselling can address them promptly for you, by sending an email to Vanja Beric Counselling. Where are our records are found to be inaccurate, Vanja Beric Counselling will promptly correct any inaccuracies on the grounds of updated information that you provide.